Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Shrunk

I'm starting to wonder if the hubby is secretly doing laundry behind my back. Because that sounds just like him, huh? Well, obviously, someone has managed to shrink 99% of the jeans I own.

Being at home most of the week, I live in yoga pants. We recently started wearing jeans to work, meaning I needed to find a pair in my closet appropriate for work. I tried on all 32 pairs, and 4 fit.

I admit, I've had a lot of them since I was in high school, only a handful have been bought in the last 5 years since being pregnant. Hubby says I need to stop buying juniors pants. But (in the voice of the little one), I don't wanna! I want to fit in my skinny jeans-the ones I haven't squeezed into since I was 18. I want to be able to grab any pair of pants from the closet and have them fit.

Oh, and I just have to mention that I forced hubby to clean his closet, and he had 3 pairs that fit. So take that hubby. At least if I feel fat and miserable, he can feel fat and miserable with me.

I feel a diet coming on.

4 comments:

Joy said...

I'm refusing to give up my Jr's too. They fit differently now that I've had a baby but that's what longer shirts are for.

Chrissy said...

I carry my jeans with me for years and years and years, so I probably have about the same ratio of jeans in my closet vs. jeans that fit/jeans I wear. It's sad. And yet every time I go through them, I don't end up getting rid of them! It must just be a woman thing. Don't feel too bad. :-)

Michelle@lifeinawhirlwind said...

I have a couple pre-pregnancy jeans I refuse to get rid of. It's been almost 5 years, but I don't care. I like to think that my body simply shifted - not that it's gotten bigger.

Suzanne said...

ROTFLMAO! What is it with all of us keeping jeans that don't fit?