Monday, August 3, 2009

Oh Mighty Diet Gods

For 4 days this week, I've done an all fresh, all natural "detox." I wanted to kick off towards getting healthier, and thought it was a great idea. I could stand to lose a few pounds, and I honestly would rather eat fruits and veggies than anything else. (But, I'm lazy.)

Last night, hubby decided to get take out. It was the first "real meal" I'd eaten all week. I ordered a grilled chicken wrap with just veggies. Still fairly healthy, but yummy. Well, they messed up my order and used fried chicken. But of course I didn't realize until we got home.

So I decided I'd eat half of it. Thinking it's okay to indulge now and then. Well that must have pissed off some diet god up there. After 3 bites my mouth and tongue were on fire. I literally had tears in my eyes.

Hubby calls the deli back to ask what was in my wrap. Jalapeno tortillas-what they "always use." We've ordered from there for the last two years, and I've never gotten a jalapeno wrap. So apparently they just decided to start using them always.

Needless to say, my wrap went in the trash and I had a salad instead. Guess that'll teach me for trying to cheat on the All Mighty Diet Gods.

8 comments:

yadda yadda said...

It would take something like Jalepeno's to keep me on a diet! I think that's the only way it would work!

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

Aw I'm sorry. Well good for you for sticking to it the last 4 days:)

Liz Mays said...

Good luck on your diet. I'm right there with you. So far so good but I'm trying not to bring goodies in the house because they're too tempting.

Sorry about the tongue of fire!

Mandee said...

I guess it's a good thing you don't like jalapenos. I would have so gobbled up that sandwich! ha ha! I'm really not very good at diets. It's so hard when you are chasing kids and always on the go! Good for you though for sticking with it! Oh, and by looking at your pic..You don't look overweight to me at all! :) Just had to put that in. :)

Whitney said...

It's one thing when you expect spicy, but another thing to be surprised with a jalapeno wrap. I've never heard of such a thing. As far as the detox, way to go!

Unknown said...

I so wish I could make myself stick to a diet. I keep saying I'm going to and then I never ever do...I'm just too weak!

sheila said...

YUCK!
Who the hell would wrap a sandwich with Jalepeno wrap? WHO? That's dumb.

KayceeT said...

UGHH! I would have died! I hate hot food!
I'm dieting too. Lost 40 pound last year after my daughter was born and gained a little back this summer. Hoping to lose it again before the holidays!
Good luck on yours!!