Thursday, August 6, 2009

20 Days Left...

We're starting the countdown to the first day of school. I'm amazed at how fast this summer went by. Maybe it's because I know what's coming next. Or more that I don't know what comes next.

Little Man is finally excited about going to Kindergarten, after months of telling people he wants to be home schooled. He finally admitted he was nervous about school because he had nothing to take for show and tell. How funny kids can be sometimes!

We found out yesterday that he is going to school choice #1, the same one grandma teaches at. So that calmed his nerves a great deal. She even took him to visit the building and check out the library, which he didn't want to leave. He called to tell me there were "thousands of books, Momma, maybe even a million. And I get to read them."

Knowing he is excited is giving me a little bit of relief. Now I just need to finish school shopping so that he's ready to go in a few weeks.

So now we have 20 days left. 20 days to enjoy the sun, 20 days to be loud and act crazy, 20 days to have as much fun as we possibly can.

10 comments:

Barely Domestic Mama said...

Awwwww. Well, that's good he'll be in the same school as grandma!

Anonymous said...

awww... he's going to have SO much fun!!!!

Theta Mom said...

Can you believe it's only 20 days away? He'll love it, especially since grandma will be there! :)

KayceeT said...

Very sweet! I'm sure he'll love it and how nice having grandma in the building! I'm jealous you have 20 more days of summer...we started back TODAY! :(

Jean Stockdale said...

I am out doing some blog hopping and came across yours. Didn't the summer go quickly! Most of the schools here in Memphis started this week. Enjoy the time while you can.

I am hosting a carnival tomorrow on 5 Things Friday on 5 Favorite Summer Activities. Join in if you can. Blessings!

Jean at http://jeanstockdale.typepad.com

Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom said...

So sweet! Glad he's getting over his jitters. I can't believe how quickly this entire year has gone by, let alone the flash of a summer!

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

20 days of fun left! He will be excited!

JosiahsMommy said...

Awww. How cute. Kids worry about the strangest things. :) Glad he's excited.

sheila said...

My daughter starts her first yr of college on the 20th! lol.

I think going back to school is so exciting! (I mean I did when I was a kid...although I do now too,lol) All those cool school supplies, back packs, lunchbox! LOVE shopping for that stuff.

MOMSTAR said...

My Maggie is starting school in a couple of weeks also;) She is going to VPK, only 3 hours a day five days a week. She is so nervous also because she has never been to school before! We are going to orientation before she starts so I am hoping that will calm her nerves a little;) Hope your son does well in kindegarden;)