Friday, August 14, 2009

Welcome to the Zoo

It seems our animal exhibits continue to grow. Pretty soon, I think someone is going to be sleeping outside. And it's neither me or my 5 year old.

When we moved in a little over a year ago, we brought with us our Himalayan we've had since I was pregnant with Little Man.

Since then we've added a turtle, 6 goldfish, two gerbils who now have 6 babies, a 10 week old kitten, and a 6 week old kitten. I'm feeling completely over run by animals, and you can imagine who gets to take care of them all.I get to feed, play, clean up messes, and give the attention hogs a little love all day long. Even the turtle bangs on the cage if you ignore him too long. Which in turn causes a kitten to climb on top of the aquarium. And I have to run to the rescue before one of the water inhabitants becomes dinner.

Hubby has an ultimatum: Not another pet comes into this house or he goes.

Wonder how he feels about that.

7 comments:

koreen (aka: winn) said...

Yikes! I'm scared I'm going to get suckered into more animals too. I almost did about fish, but luckily enough (for me, that is) I can't seem to keep them alive. Now he wants a dog. Uh oh....

My Trendy Tykes said...

Well, if my oldest had her way then we would have a few dozen animals. Right now we have a cat....She only had to ask us for a few years until we gave in. She wants a dog for christmas (The only thing she wants) so I assume we will be getting a dog.

Anyone know where I can find a barkless, shedless, poopless, low maintnence dog???

Theta Mom said...

I don't have any animals, it's enough work to take of two kids! I admire anyone who has them because they are work!

Mommy24cs said...

We just have one cat and that's enough for us lol. Good luck with your zoo :)

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

Ha, you are little miss Dr. Doolittle:) That is a lot to handle:)

Barely Domestic Mama said...

Wow! You are one brave mama! I've been thinking about adding a third cat to our family, but I just can't commit to having a third troublemaker in this house...amongst the kiddo and hubby. Plus if I give into one more, I'm sure the hubby will keep trying to add on.

Rhea@mommy23monkeys said...

Personally, I would choose the pets over hubby. But that's just me. LOL