Thursday, May 28, 2009

I've been cranky

Saying I've been cranky this week is probably an understatement. I've been the epitome of a bad mood. Some people may even use the "b word."

I can't explain it, but at least I acknowledge it. I've given everyone a fair warning around here, especially hubby, that he's better off just staying out of my way. You can't say I'm not honest.

And yet, he feels the need to irritate me.

He takes food off my plate. I hate people eating my food, my 4 year old is about the only one I share with. I'm weird about food, and despise people sticking their germy fingers onto my plate. I considered stabbing him with a fork.

He complains that he's the only one who takes the trash out. Let me clarify this for him, he's the only one who drags the dumpster to the curb. I take it out of the kitchen in the first place. Oh, and, I'm the only one who does the dishes, vacuums, does laundry, and cleans in general. I'm so sorry walking out to the curb is so difficult.

He comments that he's so tired. Last time I checked, he's not the one getting up with someone who can't sleep at 2 am, and 3 am, and 4 am. And he's not the one getting up in the morning. Yep, last I checked, he was the one who's been able to sleep in every morning for the last two weeks.

So yes, I'm cranky this week. It's just the way it is. Maybe next week he'll have a better chance.

6 comments:

andrea said...

i was all over this last week - i can sympathize.

i hope the weekend is better!

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

Aw I am sorry. Do you watch Friends? There is an episode about how Joey doesn't share food! It reminded me of it when you said he took food off your plate! Hopefully your mood will pass soon!

TheAtticGirl said...

LOL I am right there with you. Gotta love hormones. I HATE people taking things off my plate without asking. And even if they do ask, it irritates me.

Unknown said...

LOL, I can sympathize, This last week I have been on a rampage and I'm not sure why...but doesn't it seem that the more you worn your hubby that he should steer clear the more he seems to have the need to irritate you.

Celina said...

Aw yeah--this sounds VERY familiar! Although the thing that gets me is my Mr. complaining about not being able to get anything done. Since I can't even go to the bathroom or eat a meal or sleep or ANYTHING without being interrupted a dozen times, I find it just a bit difficult to feel sorry for him! Hang in there feel free to yell and throw things as needed.

Abbie said...

I feel you! Thanks for sharing. It is nice to know that someone else out there feels the way I do! Abbie