Monday, May 25, 2009

Potato Corn Salad

Every Memorial Day we have a huge cookout with all my family. Lots of little kids running around, lots of adults chatting, and lots of good food.

This year I decided to try a new recipe:

Potato and Corn Salad
1.5lbs small red potatoes
2 cups cooked corn, cut from the cob
1/2 cup diced red onion
1/2 cup diced celery
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 Tbs cider vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
1 Tbs chopped parsley

1. Place potatoes in cold water, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until just cooked (about 15 minutes). Drain and cute potatoes into quarters.

2. In a large container combine all other ingredients except parsley. Pour over salad and stir to coat well. Add parsley and stir again.

Hopefully it will turn out yummy this afternoon.
What's your favorite picnic food?

2 comments:

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

Mmmm that sounds good. I might try that for our cookout later tonight! Thanks

Chrissy said...

Yum, sounds good. I love potato salad, but for some reason we always end up eating pasta salad instead. This will be a good recipe to try! This weekend I also made a broccoli salad based on one my aunt always gets at her local grocery store. I don't think you can go wrong with any kind of "salad" at a picnic!