Saturday, May 23, 2009

My Little Country Boy

We live in the middle of nowhere. Most of the area is covered in cornfields or farmland. Meaning there's a lot of privacy.

So, when we're working in the garden or too far from the house to run to the bathroom, it's okay for my 4 year old to use a bush. It's always been that way. As long as he can find an area out of the way, he's free to go on his own.

Now, I mentioned on Friday that we were off to DC for the day. You can see where this story is headed right?

We went to the memorials first, which have a few ponds throughout the area. We stopped at one, and the little one continued to walk with grandma while I took a few photos.
Within seconds I heard my mom gasped and turned to catch an eye full of a little butt cheek. Luckily, she caught him before he "used the bushes," and even more luck, no one else was nearby! I wasn't sure if I should laugh or cry.

As I explained the situation to him, and stressed that we can't drop our drawers in public, he responded with, "Awkward, very awkward." Ugh.

7 comments:

Maude Lynn said...

Awkward, indeed!

mummyof6monsters said...

extremely awkward:)

Bloggymommy said...

OMG! That's so funny! lol Boys...

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

Hilarious. Gotta love kids!

Maria@Conversations with Moms said...

He's too cute. Funny story.

Lisa said...

Very awkward, but funny at the same time. Boys will be boys

Melissa said...

LOL As the mom of a boy, I can relate to that!