Friday, May 8, 2009

Small Talk Six: My Momma


Small Talk Six is all about momma's this week. They want to know 6 ways you are like or unlike your mom.

Our Similarities:
#1. Looks: Everyone who knows my mom would recognize me as her daughter. I constantly get asked if I'm her daughter, or people say I just have to be one of her girls.

#2. Personality: We both are the quiet type until something or someone gets us riled up. Then we always have a comeback for just about any situation.

#3. Interests: My mom and I share so many of the same interests. From baking to reading to watching the same tv shows. We love the same music too.

#4. Life in general: We both had kids and were married by 18, and we both went back to college and graduated. It seems that I'm following in her shoes, and I don't see that as a bad thing at all.

Our Differences:
#5. Open door policy: This is one point where we are totally different. She would welcome anyone at anytime. But, if you're coming to my house, you better call first and warn me, or I might just leave you standing on the porch.

#6. Cooking: My mom is a great cook. She is the only one who can make a meatloaf I actually enjoy. I burn grilled cheese and mess up frozen pizza. This is why hubby does the cooking.

Are you and your mom alike or complete opposites?

12 comments:

Bloggymommy said...

Sounds like you and your mom are very similar! You must be good friends!? My mom and I are almost nothing alike...which I think is a good thing! lol ;)

A Psych Mommy said...

I'm with you on number 6--I such at cooking and I actually messed up mac 'n cheese because I didn't drain the water (it didn't say to in the directions!) It's great that you share so much in common with your mom!

Night Owl Mama said...

lol on the differences thats too funny

tara said...

I'm the same way! If you're coming over you better call me :) LOL

Amanda said...

It's ok. I have a friend who last I knew couldn't even make Kraft mac n cheese so well.

I am Harriet said...

You and your mom seem to share a lot of the good stuff. Happy Mother's Day to both of you.

The Mud Bug said...

I am like you on #5

http://mud-bug.com/2009/05/small-talk-six-a-mothers-love/

Heather said...

Great similarities and diffrences! I would have to agree with your #5, I HATE surprise visitors.

Lizzie said...

#4 is like me & my mom, too! I didn't think of that one.

Kelly said...

I hate surprise visitors too. I live really close to my parents but they are very good about not invading my space. But I'm welcome over there any time.

Happy Mother's day

Eve said...

I could have written this post! LOL All the same!

AJ @ A Little Bit Nutty said...

#5 is My Mom and I to a T. She's got constant visitors and always since I was a kid. Me I like to visit but please let me know you are coming.