Over at Small Talk Six, today's topic is the ocean. They want to hear 6 things we love or hate about it. To be honest, I can count the number of times I've been to the ocean on one hand. So, this week is a tough one for me.
1. I love the sound. It' so relaxing: waves crashing, birds squawking, the wind blowing.
2. I love laying on the beach. A nice secluded beach, a good book, and a cold drink. Perfect.
3. Seashells, we love collecting them. Maybe it's because it's something we can't do at home, but searching for seashells is so exciting.
4. I hate not seeing the bottom. I'm terrified of what could be lurking down there!
5. Sand drives me crazy too. It gets in everything: the car, clothes, my purse, and usually my eyes too!
6. The beachgoers tend to gross me out. Swimsuits are meant to cover certain areas, Speedos are not appropriate for any man, let alone a 300 lb one. And don't get me started on top-optional beaches. Yuck!
Awesome list Staci, I love the swim wear comment , that is lol. But i totally agree with you. Some people need to realize that they dont have the body for those things. Totally agree about the sounds and I never thought about the bottom that could have been one on my hate list too! Hope you have a great weekend.
Hopping over from the Blog-A-Thon. I am trying to hit everyone this weekend!
Have a wonderful three day weekend.
I agree on most of those - But I think people watching at the beach can be awfully fun at times!!!
Shoot...I forgot about the sea shells. Cute photos.
Great list! Definitely with you on the swimsuit issue. Secluded beach with family would be wonderful. :D
I HATE sand as well! It is the only reason I argue about going to the beach!! Ewwww!
I agree sand feels yucky. Ugh I hate when it gets in the eyes! Love your blog !
Great list. I hate the sand, too. Love the swimwear comment. LOL
I know the sand is still there for months after you get home!
Just opened a suitcase the other day and it has sand in it. Grrrr.
I had added the speedo one as my 7th. extra comment. You see a lot of those men with the topless women who could tuck their boobs into their waistbands.
I agree about beach attire! I may not have the perfect body, but at least I have the sense to cover up!
I'm glad you didn't post a photo to illustrate #6. ;)
I agree I love the sound of the ocean. And sand is annoying, oh and good thoughts on beach goers - some REALLY need help
You son is so adorable. Great pictures. Ditto on the Speedo.
So true so very true great list
what great pic's you baby boy is adorable
speedos are not appropriate for men over 10 i always say! Definitely on my list:)
lol Great list! Especially #6! lol GROSS! #2 sounds perfect! Happy Saturday to ya!
Haha! We were putting our boat in the water on just a river the other night and saw a duck get swallowed up my a FISH! WTH! I can't go in the water this year. How do I put my kids LOL! My hubby says its so rare to ever see that.....
I'm new to the Small talk six, great list and cute pictures. I forgot to put collecting seashells on my list too. We always have a ton of shells that come home with us.
I am with you on the ocean. I hate the fact that I cannot see the bottom and that I cannot see what may be swimming near me.... I'll stick to the clear (clean) water of the pool.
Post a Comment