Monday, November 30, 2009

What Goes Up...

Playing out on the swingset at my parents this weekend, my two-year old nephew coerced me into taking him up the slide. A sweet little smile and puppy dog eyes do wonders for that kid.
He had slipped the first time he went up, so the next, he came to me saying "up, up!" We start up the ladder when my (almost) sister-in-law comments that she broke one of the steps last weekend.

No more do the words leave her mouth that the stair we're on breaks, and we go tumbling down. Thankfully, I pulled him away from the ladder and was able to keep him from being hurt at all. I, on the other hand, hit every possible place on the way down. I probably looked a little like a chip sliding down a Plinko board.

A few bumps, bruises, and cuts later, I've vowed to leave the slide to the kids (once it's fixed again). I guess that's what I get for trying to act like I'm 5! Next weekend, I'll stick to the swing.

4 comments:

PorkStar said...

cute post, you are the kid's hero and probably would ask you to do it again...: )

Pink Haired Momma said...

love the plinko reference!!

Glad you are okay! and fab pic of your kiddo!!

PropellerHeadMom said...

Glad he wasn't hurt but sorry to hear about your injuries. Ouch!

Anonymous said...

That was the cutest post, although I have no clue what Plinko is ... I am sure you will brave the ladder again ... someday ;-)