Thursday, November 27, 2008

Blog Party Day 12: Giving Thanks

Today is the last day of MomDot's blog party and it has been so much fun! I hope ya'll are having a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoying some delicious food!

Today's Sponsors:
Georgie Tees and Musty

What a better way to end the celebration than to find out what we are all thankful for?

I'll start with a few of the things my then 3-year-old son was thankful for last year:
  • Mommy reading to me
  • Daddy zooming cars
  • Grandma and Grandpa playing outside with me
  • Heather watching movies with me
  • Little M comes over sometimes
  • Fruit snacks, marshmallows, and cheesy crackers
  • All my toys
  • All my books
This year, I'm thankful for many things. I'm sure I won't be able to list them all here, but this will be the abridged version.

  • My son and husband
  • My parents, brother, sister, grandparents, nieces, nephews, cousins
  • My family's health
  • True love
  • True friends
  • Sweet moments in life
  • Moments of peace (although few and far between)
  • Good books
  • Being able to see my son smile
  • Beautiful photos
  • Belly laughs and sweet giggles
  • Having a warm, welcoming home
  • Having a car that runs well and gets us where we need to go
  • Good food and full bellies
  • The internet
  • All the wonderful blogs I've found
  • All the bloggers I've met
  • People who take the time to read my posts
  • Coffee
  • Weekend cartoons
  • Traditions
  • Discovery Kids
  • Stickers & crayons
  • Homemade cards
  • Chocolate chip muffins
  • Hot cocoa with whipped cream
  • Memories
  • Time to enjoy life
I could go on and on, but I'll stop. I'm sure ya'll are thankful for that, right? I really do have quite a bit to be thankful for. I can't wait to hear what my son's new list consists of. I'm sure I'll have him tell me what he's thankful for this year after our holiday meal. Happy Thanksgiving!

10 comments:

Momstart said...

That's so cute, what your son was thankful for. I'm thankful for my family. My kids are way too young to say how thankful they are, but my daughter knows how to sign it and sometimes she does it on her own

Proud Mommy said...

We are so lucky to have so much to be thankful for!!!

Anonymous said...

That's great, I'm thankful for everything you're thankful for, I should've just linked to your post!

Sandy said...

Your son's thankful list is precious! Happy Thanksgiving!

Melissa said...

Aw, Moments of Peace! LOVE IT!

Tena said...

I love your 3 year olds list!!!!
Happy Thanksgiving

Sarah said...

Amen on the coffee! Thank you Brazil!

Karen Coutu said...

What a great list! Your son's list from last year was awesome!!

Karen of the MomDot Street Team
www.MomDot.com

Unknown said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

hippos toes said...

It's wonderful to stop and reflect on what we are thankful for when we have such busy lives. Life goes by so fast :)