Sunday, November 2, 2008

There Goes 100

I guess I should celebrate my 100th post. Ya'll can pretend there are balloons and confetti flying, right? I'm not one for celebrations. Actually, I really don't like them at all, especially when they are focused on me. I've always been the girl in the background, and I rather like that.

But, in honor of my 100th post, I felt like I should do something special. I could list 100 things about me, but I'm sure you'd be bored by number three. Maybe you'd feel sorry that I spent so much time on it, that you'd scan down to number 42 or 86, and say something on one of those (we've all done this, I'm sure), but really, no one needs to knows 100 things about me. I'm not even sure I do.

I thought about a giveaway, but I've got nada, nilche, nothing to hand on to ya'll right now. I can't even handle a $5 giftcard this week. After getting all the bills out, I'll have about $3.79 in the bank.

I even thought about just leaving a blank post, just to get past the milestone. Although that could peak curiosity, I figure I should do something a little better than that.

So instead, I'll just share a few things I love about blogging:
1. The people I meet. There are some truly amazing people out there that I'd never "know" without blogging.
2. Comments, of course. I like knowing that someone actually took the time to read, or even just stopped to say hi.
3. Having a connection to the outside world. Being a SAHM, I feel like I never get out, and never talk to people who are over 3 feet tall. So it's nice to get a little adult interaction.

So there you have it, you can see what a nerd I really am. Post 100. Yay for it being over! Now I can return to regularly scheduled programs.

9 comments:

Angelina Mia Bambina Baby Boutique said...

Congratulations!!! And I hear you on the $3.79 balance *wink*wink*

Unknown said...

Congrats on the 100th post!!!

AJ @ A Little Bit Nutty said...

Congrats on your 100th post!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I've gotta go see how many I've done. Maybe I've missed my milestone.

Lisa said...

Congrats!

This "Maybe you'd feel sorry that I spent so much time on it, that you'd scan down to number 42 or 86, and say something on one of those (we've all done this, I'm sure)" is so true. Thanks for saying it outloud.

Princess Hairstyles said...

Congratulations! I agree, it's nice to have someone else to interact with (that's over 3 feet tall.) :)

Kris said...

LOL.

Congrats on your 100th post.

Kim @ What's That Smell said...

Congrats on 100. 500 will be here in no time, so plan something fun ;)

Unknown said...

Oh you an I seem to have much in common...and I cannot imagine why people would want to read 100 things about me either.:) Congrats none the less...it really is kinda a big deal.