Sunday, November 2, 2008

Mom Moments

As moms, it seems like we are constantly having random moments. Since giving birth to my crazy little 4-year-old, I think I've had more than my fair share of total randomness. I've experienced so many things that I never would have thought about before having him. I could mention watching hubby get sprayed in the face during the first bath, or having the only live show I've seen in years be the Wiggles Dance Party. But I'll save you that.

It seems lately that I find myself uttering words I can barely believe. Things like, we don't climb the walls. No, we don't pick the cat up by her tail. Let's aim for the potty next time. Candy is not meant for the turtle. Complete randomness.

Then there are the classics. Things I swore I would never say in this life time, and yet, I do. Because I said so has become a legitimate response. Don't sit so close to the tv, followed by, don't give me that look. 1-2-you don't want me to get to three. How do I know? I've got eyes in the back of my head. You'll poke your eye out running with that thing (which usually leads to thoughts of you'll shoot your eye out).

My life feels so chaotic sometimes, and yet, I'm sure I'm not the only one who mutters these same words every day.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually told my son the other day that "your face will freeze that way"...he did't buy it.

Our new strange saying is "fuzz is not food"

Motherhood can be strange!

Bloggymommy said...

My son is at the wonderful age where he's begining to find his male parts! I tell him that if he plays with it it will fall off. lol It will probably scar him for life! lol

Unknown said...

I find myself saying things I remember my mom saying...Yikes!!!

Anonymous said...

My husband and I often joke... "if our friends could hear us" Sometimes the things we say make no sense - "No, the dog doesn't want to wear your jammies".... You get the picture.

Lisa said...

How about "put your p..is away!" -which is a constant around my 3 year old.

Princess Hairstyles said...

How about, "we don't drink our bath water!" Yeah, I was hoping I would never have to say that.

danette said...

LOL, things I never thought I'd say include "don't lick the carpet" "you can't ride the cat" and my personal favorite "keep your hands out of your brother's diaper" hehe

Oh, and I cringe every time I hear myself say, "because I said so" or "are you warm enough in that?" ahh! I sound just like my mom.

Kris said...

I think the wackiest thing I've said as a parent has been "The cats tail is not a snack"

Isn't it said how we always resort to our parents sayings, even though we always said we wouldn't

Jess NBP said...

I haven't gotten that far yet with my three old!! I do tell him though that he's not quite old enough for certain things.

suzannah | the smitten word said...

candy is not meant for the turtle--love that!

Unknown said...

ROFL!! You are too funny. Yes, I have to shake my head every time I hear myself say, "Because I am the Mom, that's why" or "Life isn't fair". I swore I would never say those two for sure.:)