Friday, December 19, 2008

What I've Learned the Week:

1. I'm the only one in the house who knows how to do laundry. Oh, and dishes, and take the trash out.
2. As much as I promise myself to finish Christmas shopping early, I never do. There really can't be only 6 more days.
3. Even when I get Christmas cards printed months in advance, I forget to send them until last minute.
4. Some days I just feel like I'm talking to myself, and I can live with that.
5. I can't think straight when the house is a mess. See the "pillow fort" below, where my couches are shoved together for a sick boy to relax on? Drove me crazy not being able to walk straight through the living room. 6. Hearing *splat* in the middle of the night is even worse when the 4-year-old is in your bed.
7. Cartoons, pretzels, and lots of snuggles are a perfect way to spend a sick day.
8. No matter how hard I mentally will the UPS man to show up with gifts I ordered, it doesn't work. (He did show up with one, but not the most important one-the one I bought accessories for, and the one GM would be ecstatic to see).
9. I should start going to bed earlier, stop speed cleaning in the middle of the night, and get some sleep.

5 comments:

Kim @ What's That Smell said...

It gets better.

I think.

People keep telling me that ;)

This time of year does really weird things to our sanity! I hate disorder in my house, and the couches would drive me nuts too!

I hope these last few days before Christmas fall into place for you!

Anonymous said...

I can relate to a lot of that! I hope all of your gifts get there in time and you get some sleep and time to relax before Christmas! As for the laundry, dishes, and trash, that probably won't ever change. :-)

Bloggymommy said...

I think I'm the only one that knows how to do most things around my house too. Although, my daughter is sooooooo excited that I taught her how to do the dishes! (Imagine that!) and I'm even more excited than her to see the sink empty and know that I didn't have to do it. Just wait until he's a little older, $1 goes a LONG way!

Little April said...

DITO!!!

Barely Domestic Mama said...

I've heard that splat with our 20 month old in our bed...talk about feeling pretty bad.

I nominated you for an award. Check out my blog: http://barelydomesticmama.blogspot.com/2008/12/my-first-awardyipee.html