1. I'm the only one in the house who knows how to do laundry. Oh, and dishes, and take the trash out.
2. As much as I promise myself to finish Christmas shopping early, I never do. There really can't be only 6 more days.
3. Even when I get Christmas cards printed months in advance, I forget to send them until last minute.
4. Some days I just feel like I'm talking to myself, and I can live with that.
5. I can't think straight when the house is a mess. See the "pillow fort" below, where my couches are shoved together for a sick boy to relax on? Drove me crazy not being able to walk straight through the living room. 6. Hearing *splat* in the middle of the night is even worse when the 4-year-old is in your bed.
7. Cartoons, pretzels, and lots of snuggles are a perfect way to spend a sick day.
8. No matter how hard I mentally will the UPS man to show up with gifts I ordered, it doesn't work. (He did show up with one, but not the most important one-the one I bought accessories for, and the one GM would be ecstatic to see).
9. I should start going to bed earlier, stop speed cleaning in the middle of the night, and get some sleep.