Monday, April 27, 2009

Creating Collages

Just last week, I was so excited about spring arriving. But, in the matter of a few days, it went from being nice and warm out to being ridiculously hot. Today temperatures are in the 90s. Somehow, spring has passed with us barely knowing it was here.

Because the Gibbon (and I) can't handle the heat, we're back to spending most of our day indoors. So, it's been a scramble of finding new activities to keep him entertained. It's tough because it looks so nice out, and he doesn't understand that the heat makes him sick. (He gets heat rashes very easily).

Since be loves to cut, we decided to create collages. I gave him full run of the old magazines cluttering up the den and a pair of kiddy scissors and let him go crazy.He ended up creating about six different collages, and mommy made one too.


What do you do to beat the heat?

4 comments:

Tara said...

I loved when my kids did collages...now my little ones are doing it again. Out of all their papers collages are what i saved most of...and stories. I actually framed some and put them in my office and play room. ♥

Anonymous said...

Collages sound so fun!! My smallest who's 4 loves to put down a plastic tablecloth and do Play-Doh! The only problem with that is he never wants to take his "creations" apart and put it all away! :D

Crystal said...

I used to be a nanny and loved doing crafts with my girls. I had three girls ages 4, 7, and 10. They loves crafts.

Laurie said...

That sounds like so much fun, it is difficult to take them out in this stuff, my two seem to get so red in the face in the heat. We like drawing, watercolors and plah doh