Monday, April 6, 2009

A New Way to Paint

The Gibbon loves to paint, but some days I just don't want to deal with the mess that follows. Paint splatters on the floor, icky fingerprints on the wall. So we came up with a fun way to paint on days when momma wants minimal clean up time.

What you need:
An old container (we used a large yogurt one)
Paper cut to fit the container
Paints
Random items such as bolts or washers, rubberbands, pom poms, etc

Place the paper inside the container, add in small items and a few drops of paint.
Place lid on tightly and shake. The lid could come off if not held tightly, so you could tape it if you're worried. Shaking and dancing around was the Gibbon's favorite part.
Open the lid and carefully remove your creation.

One tip: use minimal paint and heavy paper/cardstock. Otherwise, artwork will curl on the edges.

9 comments:

Bloggymommy said...

WOW! That's such a neat idea! You're very creative and fun! I'll try that with my kiddos. I'm sure they'll love it and I can be the fun mom for a day! lol ;) Thanks for sharing!

Joy said...

Wow! I'm going to have to try that myself. My daughter's only 10 months old so not really into painting yet. But Mommy is! :-)

TeachinAuntie said...

Hi Mama!
I'm not a frequent commenter, but I follow your blog & I just wanted to let you know that I think you are an AMAZING mother! You're always doing something fun and creative with your son to entertain him. From the sound of your blog, I can tell he's not one of those kids who spends 7 hours a day glued to Noggin or Nick on t.v. Just wanted to pat your back & say keep it up!

Mom's Fortress of Solitude said...

I'm connecting to you through Bloggers Connect.

Take care,

Angela

Carolee Hollenback said...

That is so cool.

BTW, your blog was mentioned on my blog, Bloggers Connect as a blog someone found & liked!

Check it out!

http://bloggersconnect.blogspot.com/

Sandi said...

what a fabulous idea!!! as a nana-slash-nee nee....i definitely intend to try this with my little monkey's!!!
thank you for visiting my blog!!!!

Laurie said...

That is such a terrific idea. I dunno what happened to my creative side

KM Studios said...

How Clever!!!
I love this idea!
Your a great thinkin momma!

sunshinee46 said...

Your such a fun mommy...great art work too...