Thursday, April 9, 2009

[IN]Place by Peter Walsh

Last week, I had the opportunity to get a sneak peek at Peter Walsh's new [IN]Place System. Available at OfficeMax, the [IN]Place System is designed to increase efficiency in a work area, allow files to be found easily, and reduce paper clutter.
The [IN]Place System is designed to work with any work environment. The file folders are transparent, but durable, and come with an erasable marker for labeling. The sticky notes come in a variety of colors to allow you to color code to your heart's desire, and everything is portable.

During the webcast with Peter Walsh and OfficeMax's Julie Kreuger, they offered several tips to organize your work space.
  • Keep things you use often within arms reach.
  • Keep flat surfaces clear of clutter.
  • Don't be afraid to purge any unneeded papers after 6 months. Did they get a sneak peek at my house?
  • Create a routine for yourself. This can mean filing mail as it comes in, or storing your child's papers in a way that works for you.
  • Decide what you want from your area, then buy what you need to achieve it, not the other way around.
At our house, my desk is in the living room, where everyone can see me (and my clutter). The [IN]Place System easily works into my space. The file tote makes it painless to move my paperwork from my desk to the den when needed. I also really like that the products have minimal color. I can keep the tote or document wallet on my desk without worrying that it makes my area "too busy."

I also appreciate that each item can be used on it's own or with other pieces in the system. As a mom on a budget, it's nice to buy only what I need when I need it.

Be sure to keep an eye out at OfficeMax for the [IN]Place System coming out this week. I can't wait to check out more items from the line.

5 comments:

Sara Elizabeth said...

That looks very organized. It sounds like something I need for my office. I have so much crap everywhere. To be able to pick and choose the organizational products I need to keep it together sounds awesome. I will be looking for it to come out :o)

Celina said...

I'm a neat freak, and this system looks like so much fun to use! Thanks for the heads up!

Maria@Conversations with Moms said...

I love the idea of erasable markers for labeling. That's genius. I always end up relabeling my folders and it ends up looking messy.

Beth said...

Thanks for the great post. I love the tips you shared from Peter Walsh, and you offered some nice insights into Peter's new organizational system and how it can be applied to any workspace. Thanks so much!

Laurie said...

I love this stuff, now I just need the time to spend the three days its gonna take to get my office done lol