Friday, April 3, 2009

What's for Dinner?

After realizing barely any of my jeans still fit, I decided it was time to look a little harder at what caused me to gain a little weight over the last few months. Part of me wants to blame it on hubby being home every day, cooking every day. Part of me blames the weather, since it's been too miserable to get outside much. But I know it really comes down to being lazy in the kitchen and not getting up and moving enough.

So, hubby and I have decided to really start cooking. For the first time in a long time, our fridge is filled with fruits and veggies, and we cook healthy meals together each evening. I'm even tracking how many calories we consume each day, and setting up a menu for the week.

Here's our meal plan for this week:
Tonight: Pasta with turkey meatballs
Saturday: Chicken Tex-Mex
Sunday: Leftover chicken noodle soup
Monday: Chicken sausage and veggies
Tuesday: Veggie egg scramble and turkey sausage
Wednesday: Grilled Shrimp and veggies
Thursday: Grilled chicken salads

I've even given up my beloved Mt Dew and have limited myself to only 2 cups of coffee a day. In 3 days, I've lost 4 lbs. I know a lot of that is from water, but cutting out the soda has definitely helped. I actually have more energy without it. But, thank goodness for instant green tea mixes!

I'm curious to know, what are your favorite healthy meals? I could definitely use some more ideas!

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Those dinners sound good! My favorite healthy meals are probably soups and salads. Sometimes we have a light stir fry when we're trying to eat healthy. Or we just substitute things we'd normally eat with healthier items. I also like quesadillas with whole wheat tortillas, vegetables, and low fat cheese, or grilled vegetables sandwiches.

Unknown said...

I love marinating chicken or steak and then making kebabs with tomatoes, onions, peppers and mushrooms. It's very healthy and tastes great.