Saturday, July 18, 2009

Hot on the Range Book Review

We are avid readers around here. Little one and I go through books like they're going out of style. Our bookshelves are currently overflowing, but we always have room to add another.

At bedtime alone, we read anywhere from 5 to 10 stories together. He is even willing to go to up to bed early if it means we'll have time to sneak in some extra books.

Recently, we had the chance to read Hot on the Range by R.D. Jentsch. Hot on the Range follows the adventures of Chester, a young horse, trying to cool down on a hot Texas day. Throughout the story, Chester's personality really shines through.After reading the book, my son instantly said how much he liked Chester. Chester is so likable, not only because of his ingenuity in the story, but his overall demeanor. He goes through so many trials and tribulations, but he keeps on trying.

My 4 year old's favorite part of the story was when Chester finally managed to cool down. I'm guessing because it's his own favorite way to cool down when he's at grandma's farm. (Using a hose.)

Hot on the Range is a great book for children, especially animal-loving ones like mine. It has an easy to follow story line as well as beautiful illustrations that captivated my son while we were reading. It's a wonderful addition to our bookshelf.

2 comments:

B said...

Thanks for the tip, I am going to see if our library has it.

I have an animal lover in my house.

Tiffany said...

Looks like a cute book. Chandler loves animals, and I'm always looking for good additions to our book collection. Do you know where this is sold?