Friday, July 3, 2009

Houses and Cows

Helping my sister move last weekend brought with it a little twang of jealousy. She's owning her own house, while we still rent. She has the ability to redo things however she wishes. She can paint, remodel, decorate.

Around here, we can paint. If we agree to repaint before we move out. We can decorate. But only by their rules.

I do what I can. We have photos hung everywhere. We used wall stickers in the little one's room. We changed out the curtains.

But there are certain things I still can't stand about this house. The carpet, with it's perpetual stains from previous tenants, the poorly designed bathroom, where you can touch every wall from one spot, and the cows. The hideous cows inhabiting our kitchen.Some days I just can't want to have our own house.

Be sure to keep an eye out for an upcoming home decor review! It won't help me escape the cows, but maybe it'll take my mind off them for a little.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww. we rent to. well lease with an option. lol but we have a little more leeway with painting and decorating:)

koreen (aka: winn) said...

Wow. I can't believe the owners won't let you get rid of an ugly border. That sucks.

sheila said...

Well? I was trying to think of a bright side, but....

nope. cant see one. lol.

You'd think they'd at least let you take down the cows!

andrea said...

i so understand...

Beth said...

It's odd the owners wont' let you improve the living space. Hope you are able to buy a house soon.